Search FAQs:

Q1: How soon can my application be approved?

A1: The application will take approximately one to two weeks to process upon full and complete submissions of supporting documents.
Q2: How do I know if my application has been approved?

A2: You will be informed of the outcome of your application in writing by email.
Q3: When do I have to make payment for the Travel Agent's Licence? How much does it cost? How long is its validity?

A3: Prior to submitting the Travel Agent Licence Application, you would be required to make payment of $200 for the one-time application fee. Please note that this application fee is non-refundable. After submitting the application and the necessary documents, we will review the application accordingly. Upon approval, you are required to make payment of $400 for the licence fee. A Travel Agent Licence will expire on 31 December of the following year in which it was issued.
Q4: What if my application is rejected?

A4: If your application is rejected, you will be notified via written email on the Board’s decision.
Q5: Once my application has been approved, will I be governed by any Act or Regulations?

A5: The Travel Agents Act and Regulations (Cap. 334) governs the licensing of the travel agents and the regulation of their operations. All licensed travel agents are required to be familiar with the provisions of the Travel Agents Act and Regulations (Cap. 334). You are advised to download a copy of the Travel Agents Act and Regulations (Cap. 334) via the TRUST website under the 'Resources' menu.
Q6: Where can I get information on Travel Agent's Licence application?

A6: Information on the pre-requisites and procedures in applying for a travel agent’s licence can be found in the Travel Agent Application User Guide found on the TRUST website from the Bulletin Board. You can also download the Travel Agents Application User Guide from the Bulletin Board. Alternatively, you can visit our corporate site for more information:
Q7: How do I determine whether I require a Travel Agent's Licence for my business?

A7: General Licence Under Section 4 of the Travel Agent’s Act (Cap. 334), a person carries on the business of a travel agent if the person carries on, or advertises or holds himself out as carrying on, a business of any of the following: a. supplying any person a right to travel on any conveyance; b. supplying any person – 1. a right to travel on any conveyance to; and 2. a right of accommodation at hotel or similar boarding premises at, one or more places, whether in Singapore or elsewhere; c. purchasing, or reserving, for resale to a person a right to travel on any conveyance; d. supplying any tour (whether or not organised by the person) to any other person; or e. such other similar activity as may be prescribed. Niche Licence Niche licence means that the granted licence can supply only tours within Singapore without any right of accommodation. For more information, please visit our corporate site:
Q8: What are the criteria or requirements I have to fulfil in order to apply for a travel agent's licence?

A8: General Licence You have to first register your company with the Accounting And Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). The registered company must have a minimum S$100,000 paid-up capital and a net value of the same amount (for general licensees) or a minimum of S$50,000 paid-up capital and net value of of the same amount (for niche licensees). You are also required to nominate a suitable person for the position of a Key Executive. For more information, you may wish to refer to the User under the 'Resources' menu.
Q9: What are the roles and duties of a Key Executive?

A9: Regulation 27 of the Travel Agents Regulation states that the (1) Key Executive must: a) Furnish information or documents relating to the travel agent as required by the Board b) Discharge duties relating to the proper administration and management of the travel agent (2) A key executive officer must a) maintain (i) a residential address; (ii) a telephone number; (iii) an email address; and (iv) a fax number; if any, at which the key executive officer may be contacted by the Board in relation to any matter concerning the licensee; b) upon the key executive officer's appointment, notify the Board of the contact information mentioned in sub-paragraph (a); and c) within 14 days of any change in the contact information mentioned in sub-paragraph (a), notify the Board of the change.
Q10: Am I required to have an office premises for my business prior to my licence application?

A10: No, you are not required to secure an office premise at the time of applying your licence. You will be notified to locate a suitable office once your licence application has been approved in-principle.
Q11: If my application is granted in-principle approval, can I start to operate my business?

A11: No. You are not allowed to commence business until STB grants final approval to your application.
Q12: How do I apply for a Travel Agent's Licence?

A12: You are required to complete the online application and make payment for the application fee on the TRUST website. Other relevant documents stated in the website must be submitted to: Travel Agent Licensing & Regulatory Review Department, via STB will assess your application and you may need to submit more information or documents if required.
Q13: Do I need to pay any application fee?

A13: Yes, you will have to pay a licence application fee (non-refundable) of $200. Once you application has been approved, you will also have to pay a licence fee of $400.
Q14: My company is based in Singapore and receives chauffeur service bookings for guests from overseas. My company will then dispatch the booking to the guests' destination. Will my company require a Travel Agent's Licence in order to operate?

A14: Based on the information provided, we noted the following: 1) Your company is based in Singapore. 2) Your company will be/is arranging for transport/conveyance, but does not own the transport/conveyance (where in Singapore or overseas) As such, your business falls within Section 4 of the Travel Agents Act (Cap. 334) and you are required to apply for a Travel Agent’s Licence.
Q15: My company is an online marketing platform that provides deals via a third party travel agent. Does my company require a Travel Agent's Licence?

A15: If your company promotes the deals and sells them to the public, the company will be required to apply for a Travel Agent Licence. As the company is collecting payment from customers for such deals, it is no longer considered as just an online marketing platform.
Q16: What are the criteria a Key Executive has to fulfil?

A16: The Key Executive must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident. If the proposed Key Executive is a foreigner, he/she must possess a valid employment pass or entrepass issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The proposed Key Executive should preferably be a Director of the company with relevant managerial experience in the travel business. The proposed Key Executive must submit his/her curriculum vitae to STB for assessment and approval. The key executive officer must also maintain (i) a residential address; (ii) a telephone number; (iii) an email address; and (iv) a fax number; if any, at which the key executive may be contacted by the Board in relation to any matter concerning the licensee.

Back to FAQs Category

Useful Links

STB Corporate Website

Official Destination Website

Registry of Companies & Businesses

National Association of Travel Agents Singapore

Business Licence Application

Tourist Guide Licensing System

Pro Enterprise Panel



Singapore Tourism Board
Tourism Court
1 Orchard Spring Lane
Singapore 247729
Tel: (65) 6736 6622 Fax: (65) 6736 9423
© 2017 Singapore Tourism Board. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement
Best viewed in 800 x 600, Internet Explorer 5.x and Netscape 4.76 and above



For technical assistance, you
can contact the
NCS helpdesk
at tel 6778 1845,
fax at 6872 3054
or email to Helpdesk

Click any of the options below to login: